Outreach to the Community
We believe that reaching out to the community around us is an important part of being the church.
Among the organizations we support, through monetary gifts and/or collections of needed items, are:
- Westside Food Bank - we collect food throughout the year and deliver it to the Food Bank
- Venice Community Housing Corporation - school supplies are purchased during the year and gifts are given at Christmas
- New Directions for Veterans - new clothing items are purchased and delivered twice a year
- Downtown Women's Center - a variety of things are collected, especially small hygiene items
- NAMI (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill) - we sponsor and participate in an annual fundraising walk
- Denominational efforts, including a yearly collection for Week of Compassion, our denomination's disaster relief and development organization
We invite you to make donations to any of these organizations. Any gifts made to the church for these organizations will be passed along to them in their entirety.